Our first new flavour in over a year has proved to be a 'berry' big hit with our Good Buzz booch fans.
Crafted using organic New Zealand boysenberries and apples and brewed to berry perfection this winning combo has a subtle blush colour and tart finish that is wildly refreshing.
Teaming up with our friends at The Pie Piper we've created another winning combo - Boysenberry Apple Kombucha Pie. Sounds amazing ... tastes even better!!
Give it a go ...
- Peel, core and slice your apples and place in a bowl. Slices should be approximately 0.5cm thick and weigh around 700g.
- Add your boysenberries.
- Then, sprinkle the lemon juice, Good Buzz Boysenberry Apple kombucha and white sugar over the apple/boysenberry mix, toss to evenly coat, and set aside to juice for about 10 minutes.
- Line a 9 ½” deep dish pie pan with a sheet of pastry. Push the pastry gently into the bottom of the pan. Trim the outside edges leaving at least a 3cm overhang. Then put it in the fridge until you are ready to fill the pie.
- In a separate bowl add the raw or brown sugar (your choice), flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add the sugar mixture to the sliced apples and boysenberries and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Take the fruit and layer them as flat as possible into the pastry-lined pie shell and heap them up into the centre of the pie.
- Wet the edges of the pastry base, then take your final sheet of pastry and lay it on top of the apples.
- Trim to match the bottom sheet of pastry.
- Press the two pastry edges gently together, then finish the edge by tucking the extra pastry under itself, and crimping with your fingers or with a fork.
- Cut some large vent holes in the top of the pastry for steam, and place the whole pie in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Place the oven rack at the bottom rung of the oven. When the pie pastry is firm to the touch and very cold, brush with milk or an egg wash, and sprinkle lightly with raw or demerara sugar.
- Place in the oven on the bottom rack. Bake for 25 minutes at 220°C, then drop the temperature to 190°C and move your rack to the centre of the oven and continue baking for another 45-55 minutes until the pie is golden brown and juice is thick and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 2 hours.